Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snowy day thoughts

I had to laugh this week as the weather people predicted a huge storm would hit and it would be the storm of the decade or the lifetime or something! Well it came and went and it really was not that impressive...Oh we had snow and schools were closed but nothing like they predicted for sure...I was teasing people on FB that it really was not much of a storm and caught a lot of flack... I told someone it reminded me of the U2 song " Still Haven't found what I'm Looking For" as I looked all over for the signs of a blizzard and could not find it anywhere.
Now today we had a great snow, that caught us by surprise..Did not seem like there was any prediction of a healthy snow and yet I believe we got around 5 inches or more..and it was beautiful. Scooter and I went for a walk while it was coming down pretty good and it seemed so quiet and peaceful, not a lot of action going on and no one screaming on TV about the storm of the year...just snow. Snow has a calming effect on me personally, other than when I have to shovel it and even then it is calming because I need a nap afterwards.
Anyway as I thought about the difference in the two snow falls it was interesting: one came with much fanfare and furor and seemed over hyped and the other just came and happened and brought surprise and wonder.. I liked the surprise and wonder myself as I find that is how I find God many times to be. Oh we see the hype and the thundering promises of the TV guys and all of that but then in some small building a church family gathers and His presence comes and brings surprise and wonder...God of wonder...thank you for surprises and mystery ....may I never have all the answers....
Bill

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bill. This must be brand new. I love the title. It is so the way I remember you to be. Hope it goes well for you. Love to you and Barb.
    Nice thoughts on snow and the God of wonder. You put it into words well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill for your thoughts. I have read all of them on your blog and enjoy the thoughts and your wit..Thanks again ...Pete

    ReplyDelete